Music By Ogonline.org
Types of music I have written for people
- Full Name: Matthew Ryan Oglesby
- Date of Birth: 7 April, 1987
- Early 2012: Commissioned for editorial and musical duties on forth-coming transmedia work in the Romantically Apocalyptic universe;
- November/December 2010: Worked with animation collective Animated Yorkshire on interactive projections for Huddersfield's Festival of Light;
- June 2008: Credited as co-producer on the Leeds University Liturgical Choir CD entitled No Man is an Island;
- February 2008: Organised, engineered and recorded a live performance of Bach’s St. John Passion at Leeds Cathedral;
- December 2007 – January 08: Engineered and recorded live concerts by the band Face Value in Crewe and Blackburn for a live CD;
- December 2007: Credited as co-producer on the 2007 Bradford Youth Choirs CD Jubilate: ‘A Celebration in Song’ (FOX093cd).
- 2005 – 2006: Scores from handwritten and printed material produced for Manchester University Press: ISBN 978-0-7190-7570-4.
- BA Music graduate, University of Leeds: Majoring in Music Technology — engineered and produced an episode of the radio show to Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy as a group project plus medium-scale live location recordings organised as part of a personal project;
- International Seminar for Choral Conductors, Bayerische Musikakademie, Marktoberdorf, Germany: 30 May – 3 June 2007, studying practical technique with Prof. Volker Hempfling and Jonathon Velasco with The Coro Universitario de Mendoza, Argentina.
- 2009 – present: Became Chief Editor at Romantically Apocalyptic, now part of Fresh Epics;
- September 2007 – June 08: Conductor of Leeds University Union Music Society Chamber Choir (and co-conductor of LUUMS Chorus on tour in Notre Dame and Madaleine, Paris, and Chartres Cathedral June 08);
- September – December 2007: Conducting Scholar of Leeds RC Cathedral Adult Choir, under direction of Benjamin Saunders;
- September 2006 – June 07: Co-founding Treasurer of Leeds University Union Opera Society;
- I have had compositions performed by National Youth Choir, Leeds Cathedral Adult Choir, LUUMS Chamber Choir and Leeds Guild of Singers, amongst other smaller groups and ensembles.
I have written the following as suitable text for inclusion in concert programme notes. . .
Matthew Ryan Oglesby was born in Blackburn on 7 April 1987. He first entered the music scene at the age of eight, joining the Boys’ choir at Blackburn Cathedral, under the direction of Gordon Stewart. He gained valuable musical experience with other ensembles, which included Blackburn With Darwen Brass Band, and Big Band. Matthew spent his A Level years at Runshaw College in Leyland and recently graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Music at the University of Leeds. He conducted the LUUMS Chamber Choir and was conducting scholar at Leeds Cathedral Choir under Ben Saunders.
Matthew’s composing career started at Blackburn Cathedral, where he worked with Richard Tanner and (then) organist Greg Morris, pursuing a choral route. At university he studied with Mic Spencer to develop a style and technique in choral and instrumental writing. Matthew writes music to commission for ensembles and film-makers and has produced a healthy repertoire of popular choral and instrumental work that has been performed around the North of England.